The school offers a comprehensive, three-year psychotherapy training program based on contemporary psychodynamic thought, with roots in sound psychoanalytic principles. The curriculum builds on object relations theory and includes contemporary literature on separation-individuation theory, narcissistic theory, attachment theory and trauma theory.
NYSPP faculty and supervisors are highly trained and experts in their respective fields who strive for a respectful, lively and safe seminar atmosphere. The candidate’s independent and creative thinking is encouraged and promoted.
- Classes are held on Monday evenings, starting at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 10:00 p.m.
- The fall term starts the last Monday of September, and the spring term starts the first Monday of February.
- There are two semesters, each consisting of 15 weeks.
- Tuition is $550 per semester.
- Supervision starts in the second semester
- Students are supervised on two adult cases, 50 hours each, with two NYSPP supervisors.
- The cost of supervision is $50 per session.
Upon completion of the program, students receive a Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
Our academic program is rooted in the original thinkers in the field of psychoanalytic psychology. Our curriculum brings alive, through a blending of historical and contemporary literature, the richness and depth of analytic thinking.Read more